Thursday, May 15, 2014

Classroom Adventures


            I think it is getting worse. Maybe it is not and I’m just getting paranoid but today I was sitting in my classroom. IN MY CLASSROOM! And I started to panic. I felt like the walls were coming in and then I thought I felt my throat close up! I didn’t think I could breathe. But my teacher helped me. She started to talk to me while the other kids were working and she was asking what was wrong. I started talking to her about how I felt and she was very reassuring to me. She let me talk and didn’t overwhelm me with a bunch of questions. She asked if I wanted to go work out in the hallway so that I didn’t have to feel so trapped. It was good knowing that I could leave when I wanted to. (Healthwise Staff. "Helping Someone During a Panic Attack-Topic Overview.")

            After that little episode when I got home from school my mother started talking about getting me some help. She said that there are treatments out there that could help me get over my claustrophobia. She said that we would go to a doctor that would talk to me about what is happening and how we can fix it. I was just hoping that the doctor’s office wasn’t small. But then that got me thinking and I didn’t want to go to the doctor because I will have to sit in a small room and I can’t do that. So my mom put it off for a while and asked if there was anything that we could do that might help. I said that maybe if I could spend more time outside it would be nice. So my mom told to school that I was to be let outside for at least one class per day! This made me very excited and after a month of this my grades actually started to improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment