Thursday, May 15, 2014

Divide and Conquer


            My mom has been talking about that doctor again. She said that he could help me get rid of my phobia once and for all. I’m not really sure I believe that but maybe it’s time to give it a shot. So we went to the doctor’s office. There we talked to the doctor about how severe my case was and what were some things that caused my phobia to flare up. He told me that what we will be doing is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. He said that we would slowly work through my fears. I didn’t like the way he was saying these things. It sounded like he was going to test me! He talked about how it was the number one treatment for claustrophobia but that it would take along time to finish. He also said that this was the one treatment that could actually take away my phobia instead of just treating the side effects. But I was right to do this they are going to slowly put me in situations I don’t like and they are going to talk me through it so I can learn to be more normal. I am scared but I also think that it would be nice to ride in a car with my friends. (Two Views of Open MRIs. "Top 5 Ways to Relieve MRI Claustrophobia.")

1 comment:

  1. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is also used for bulimia since the problem is just in their heads. It can be fixed, but it takes a long time. This is probably a stretch but claustrophobics feel trapped literally, and bulimics feel trapped in the way that they can't stop trying to be thin...

    ReplyDelete