Thursday, May 15, 2014

Friends? What friends?


Life is rough for me. Constantly watching out of where I am going and trying to get to places I need to be without freaking out. People do not like to hang out with me because sometimes I get scared at stupid things. Like the other day when my friends and I were going to go to the movies I freaked out in the car because it was so tight! I started having a panic attack and they had to stop the car and ended up missing the movie. (Fritscher, Lisa. "Cleithrophobia - Understanding the Fear of Being Trapped.") I felt so bad and now they won’t take me anywhere. They said if I want to hang out with them somewhere then I needed to get myself there. But how am I going to do that?

            Another day my family surprised us with a trip to Disneyland! I was so excited to go until I heard we would be flying there. Flying? Who could do such a thing? The seats are inches, you can hit your head on the ceiling, and you might even have to sit next to some complete stranger! What if that stranger is really fat and he takes up so much room that you are squished against the window and can’t get out! (Fritscher, Lisa. "Cleithrophobia - Understanding the Fear of Being Trapped.") Not to mention that if even one tiny hole is punctured through the plane all the breathable air goes out and you have to wear a mask. What if my mask doesn’t work? Then I am going to die from suffocation. I am going to be stuck up against a fat person with a mask that doesn’t work slowly dying. Flying? I don’t think so. (Wilcox, Christie. "Scientists Discover Why Suffocation Causes Fear.")

 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds similar to OCD in the sense that it affects peoples lives and how they try to avoid situations. A part of OCD is intrusive thoughts. Intrusive thoughts are the things they are afraid of and the fact that they can't sop thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete